IT Manager (12951)
The IT Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining the computing and telecommunications infrastructure throughout the company as well as providing a reliable and responsive desktop environment. The position is responsible for managing information technology platforms such as servers and storage while ensuring network health and seamless connectivity in a hybrid cloud environment. This role is also responsible for Disaster Recovery and/or other required backup and recovery processes and procedures. This includes overall responsibility for the company’s computing and network systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Remote Desktop Servers, Active Directory, VMWare hosts, Storage Area Networking, Physical and Virtual Windows Services, Thin Client/Desktop Support, Switches and routers as well as underlying infrastructure technologies.
The position is responsible for managing help desk staff members including day to day activities, the development of training plans, setting team objectives and coordinating individual activities. The IT Manager is also responsible for IT Systems management reporting and capacity planning.
The IT Manager interfaces with internal company personnel and external vendors for both in house and outsourced solutions.
General Job Duties:
- Establish, maintain and document the Information Technology infrastructure
- Monitor, manage and maintain the computing and telecommunications infrastructure resilience, desktop support, capacity planning, as well as secure design and implementation
- Perform general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems, ensuring that IT practices comply with company procedures and government regulations
- Ensure documentation is available for review by internal and outside audit staff
- Research new technologies, making recommendations to senior management, forecasting future needs/capacity planning, and participating in the strategic planning/evolution of the company’s internal and outsourced systems, security and business continuity requirements that are scalable to meet the company’s growth expectations
- Direct Helpdesk activities and escalations, assist helpdesk staff if necessary
- Defines & implements department service delivery processes
- Manages Helpdesk Problem / Major Incident communications, documentation, and application of lessons learned to department process documentation
- Coordinate support with outside vendors
- Manage ongoing patches and upgrades to core systems and technologies, prioritize infrastructure tasks to ensure flawless work experience and access for internal users either remotely or in the office
- Perform capacity planning, develop infrastructure requirements and identify enhancements required to support and enhance existing systems infrastructure
- Provide regular reporting on uptime, availability and other metrics as required
- Document configuration, procedures, upgrades, problem resolution process associated with network, hardware/software and operating systems etc.
- Ensure operational adherence with stated policies and procedures
- Oversee and assist in diagnosing hardware and software problems, and replacement of defective components
- Ensure data backups and disaster recovery operations are properly executed.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware including review of log files and security event information
- Enhancing technical skills, training and guiding other technical staff
- Other duties as assigned
- The position directly supervises Help Desk staff
- The position receives nominal guidance with respect to overall objectives; much of the work is completed independently within division or department policy guidelines to achieve assigned objectives
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge of servers and desktop virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of networking products to include switches, routers, firewalls and the use of TCP/IP protocols
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and desktop technologies
- Experience with Office 365
- Telecommunications (VoIP) equipment experience is a plus
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Computer Skills: Advanced personal computer skills including email, word processing, excel spreadsheet, graphics and the ability to learn various internal proprietary software packages, including but not limited to Office, Visio and/or other new or existing COTS software. Demonstrated ability in the use of intermediate computer networking operations (basic installation, configuration and trouble-shooting of networking products) including advanced features of various external packages as required. Knowledge of TCP/IP networking principals. Knowledge of Microsoft Server products including Terminal Services/ Remote Desktop Services, Exchange/Office 365, and SharePoint.
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work of staff members. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/ maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/ sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor, managed staff and co-workers. Able to manage other individuals and maintain calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively to team.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to deal with problems; ability to solve practical problems in a variety of situations; ability to define problems, collect data, analyze, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Language/Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English using various communication methods (electronic and/or verbal communication methodologies); ability to communicate clearly and concisely across organizational levels; ability to analyze and interpret complex business and/or technical trade documents such as financial reports, briefs and/or regulatory agencies and/or journals.
- Ability to embrace and manage change
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to manage staff members effectively
- Bachelor of Information Technology or Computer Science degree from a College or university and/or ten (10) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in information technology, networking and/or telecommunications.
Our client is one of the fastest-growing homeowner insurance companies in the world with locations across the country in 12 states and licensed in 18 states. The company offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a focus on the success of every employee.
Pratt, Brown & Associates, LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If this position does not meet all your requirements, we welcome you to contact us with your resume for other available job opportunities. Please e-mail us your resume with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you find a job opportunity that best fits your needs.